Ways to Donate
The Legacy Society—A little planning today can help keep
Simsbury beautiful for future generations.
The Legacy Society
Our mission is to protect those scenic vistas, geological features and farmland that visually define Simsbury's character and provide healthy habitats for local wildlife and plants. Our goal is to consistently craft, support and implement creative land conservation solutions for the benefit of present and future generations.
We need your help. Your gift to the Simsbury Land Trust can help us fulfill our mission.
Planned Giving Options
Including the Simsbury Land Trust in your planned giving can leave a lasting impact on the natural beauty and character of our town for the benefit of future generations.
- Can be cash or stock (a particularly attractive option for appreciated securities)
- Income tax deduction (subject to applicable limits)
- Immediate benefit to the Simsbury Land Trust
- Gifts can be a specific amount or specific asset
- Can be a portion of the estate
- Can be via an insurance beneficiary designation
- Tax deduction for federal and state death taxes
- Assets can be transferred to a trust during your lifetime or at death
- Simsbury Land Trust can be given payments during the terms of the trust with payments to the donors’ family upon termination of the trust, or vice versa
- Potential income and/or estate tax benefits
For gifts that take effect after your lifetime, we should be named as:
The Simsbury Land Trust, a nonprofit corporation, organized and existing under the laws of the State of Connecticut and with a principal business address of 800 Hopmeadow Street, Probate Court Building, Simsbury, CT 06070. Our federal tax identification number is 06-0958573.
The Legacy Society
If you make an estate or trust gift to the Simsbury Land Trust, you can become a part of The Legacy Society. Members of The Legacy Society will be honored annually in our publications.
If you have already included the Simsbury land Trust as part of your estate planning and would like to be recognized as a member of The Legacy Society, kindly notify the office at
(860) 651-8724 so we can recognize your gift in our publications.
For additional information on Planned Giving options and The Legacy Society contact the Simsbury Land Trust office.