Ways to Donate
There are three ways that you can support the Simsbury Land Trust’s work.
- Annual Membership gifts cover our operating expenses.
- Campaign for Simsbury contributions make specific acquisitions possible.
- Annual Appeal contributions are used primarily to build a reserve for stewardship improvements, as well as future acquisitions and other non-recurring purposes.
Stewardship reserve funds are increasingly important as we acquire more land and undertake more conservation, educational and recreational activities for the benefit of the community.
- A significant portion of funds we raise from this year’s Annual Appeal will be used for future trail projects, property surveys, invasive species control, special habitat studies, and general property maintenance.
- It will help support knowledgeable speakers and informative field trips.
- It will help provide the funds to maintain the integrity of our property lines and the terms of our easements.
Although each of our personal tax situations differs, most donations to the Simsbury Land Trust – a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization – are tax exempt. We accept checks, appreciated securities and other assets. In many cases, we are eligible for corporate matching funds, if such a program is available through your employer. This is an excellent way to leverage your gift.
Please call Tricia Hazelwood at the Simsbury Land Trust (651-8773) if you have any questions or need assistance in making a year-end gift. You can contribute to the Annual Appeal by mail or online through the link below.
Your investment in the Simsbury Land Trust helps realize returns to our community many times over. Please consider making as generous a gift as you can before year-end.